No matter how often or how seldom you use the hair system, one way or another dirt will build up from wearing it or residues accumulated will have to be removed. As a general rule, cleaning the hair system is obligated so that it will retain its look and prolong its life.
These are tips on how to clean a hairpiece or wig that was glued or taped down.
Techniques for proper hair system care that will remove residue build up on the mesh fabric and the polyurethane.
- If you use tape or glue, remove the hair piece tape from the polyurethane area of the hair system by using the proper remover. In the event that you are having difficulty in removing the tape. Avoid removing abruptly any tape on the lace area for it might damage the hair piece.
- Wash your head thoroughly twice after removing the hair piece. Soak the hair system using a plastic or stainless container that can hold the liquid solvent. Make sure the solvent your use if made to remove all oils and residue of the glue from the hair. This may vary in time from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on the adhesive and the hair system. Tip: Tapes on the lace will peel off on its own after soaking 5 to 30 minutes.
- Get the hairpiece after soaking and put it on the sink with the lace facing you and scrape off with a soft brush any. Once the residue on the lace and skin are removed, soak it again on the solvent for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a dish washing liquid, remove any left residue on the system and gently brush the hair starting at the edge down through the hair to remove any excess residue all throughout the base and the hair area of the system. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water until the entire residue has been removed. Repeat the process starting at step 2 if there is still residue left.
- With a mild shampoo, we prefer to use Matrix Biolage shampoo, wash the hair piece again to balance the acid level as well as a conditionner to recondition the hair. The hair piece is now read to style.
Use the proper stand to air dry the hair piece and this will make hair styling and brushing easier once dry.
To get information about hair pieces visit www.OrderQuality.com
CanDonate Hair Foundation – Spa Day – A Part of Me
Another amazing event is on it’s way! We are so excited! We have the honor to be part of the A Part of Me Spa Day on August 30th, 2015 from 2-7 pm. We will be cutting hair for hair donations, we will be styling and cutting hair. We love giving our time to help many amazing foundations that help people with Cancer. The CanDonate Hair Foundation is dear to our hearts because it touches what we do on a daily basis: Wigs!
So we hope to see you all there! According to the website, where you need to sign up, http://www.dondesoi.ca, here are the details listed:
The CanDonate Hair Foundation presents the event: A Part of Me: SPA Day! For only $ 45. Why come?
1. Hair: Donate your hair (minimum 8 inches) with haircut and style OR Get your hair styled without a hair donation.
Barber for him!
2. Makeup: Get your makeup done by a Professional makeup artist
3. Skin Care: Consultation for your skin; Beauty cream application.
5. Access to Vendors: jewelry, accessories, health / beauty products, extensions, makeup, henna tattoo, and more…
6. Food: Appetizers; Mimosa; desserts; Tea / Coffee.
7. You get to support a GOOD CAUSE!
The CanDonate Hair Foundation collects hair donations and funds to make wigs for people who are going through Cancer.
Buffet Il Gabbianno
1550 Rue Lapierre
Lasalle, H8N 2R2
See you there :)
Long, silky, healthy hair can radiate beauty, fitness and youth. A change of hairstyle is often enough to make you look more sophisticated, younger or simply different.
Hair extensions are becoming an increasingly popular way of instantly getting that long beautiful hair some of us can only dream of! Growing your hair long takes 5-6 years at an average of 1 cm per month! Hair extensions can give you around 21 inches of thick hair in just a few hours!
There are two main types of hair extensions. Hair extensions can be made out of synthetic fibers and are referred to as synthetic hair extensions or out of human hair and referred to as human hair extensions. Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural then the synthetic kind. Also, heat cannot be applied to most synthetic fibers causing some inconvenience if a person needs to use some hair appliances. The downside of human hair extensions is that are usually much more expensive then the synthetic ones! Notwithstanding, there is no fixed price for human hair extensions because this differs according to the quality, style and length of extensions required. Hair extensions that are untreated and uncolored usually cost more because they are more durable!
Hair extensions require considerable maintenance. The hair need to be treated with gentle respect and cleaned and moisturized daily with a good conditioner. Remember, that while natural hair gets the necessary oils and moisture from your scalp, hair extensions and hair weaves don’t! Also, depending on the style and procedure for your hair extensions/hair weaves, you might also have to visit the hairdresser every 6 weeks to fix your hair extensions due to your natural hair re growth.
Whichever kind of hair extension you choose, always consult a hair specialist for advice, and pick the safest procedure. Finally, enjoy your beautiful hair!
Hair loss presents problems not only in terms of looks but the effect on an individual’s self-esteem. Hair loss is not a new problem, but where baldness in the past was considered a natural part of the aging process, today men and women associate baldness with “growing old.”
Despite being a fact of life for many, hair loss still makes people self-conscious about their appearance. For centuries, men and women suffering from baldness have opted to wear toupees and wigs. Hair plays a vital part of a person’s overall appearance and self confidence.
Hairpieces and wigs can look very natural, however they need to be of high quality and done by professionals. Those who wear wigs and toupees without having the proper advice can have issues. Over time, hair replacement and hairpieces have developed to look more like the real thing – but there are also other hair replacement systems that have been developed, providing bald individuals with the chance of living a normal life free from ridicule.
Facts on hair replacement systems
As mentioned above, the most popular and least invasive forms of hair replacement are wigs, toupees and hairpieces, used to cover bald areas of the head.
Some products, such as Nioxin, can slow down hair loss and encourage the growth of new hair. However, different people react differently to various medications. If a topical ointment is enough to encourage the growth of new hair, great! But, sadly, that’s not the case for everyone.
So they are finally here! Only 40$ for amazing clip-on hair extensions in many shades of pink, blue, purple, green, turquoise and red. Not to mention they are human hair so you can curl and straighten according to your hair style.
They are truly amazing to have. You can dramatically change your look without bleach and damaging funky dyes. For only 40$ you can change any color you want…
Just saying that it is fun, easy and cheap to change your look and be funky at the same time.
To order just click on this link: http://goo.gl/elGF8d
Working with hair extensions and wigs we got used to hearing all sorts of different statements from men and women both:
“I like short hair but my husband likes long”
“I will go with long to find a man”
“I want to look like Beyonce”
“My wife wants me to look younger”
“I don’t want anyone to notice”
Ok so first of all, I believe that hair is personal. Working in the field, we realize just how false it is to change your hair solely on what your spouse, your girl/boyfriend, etc… wants. Why do I say this? Well simply because when someone does a change to their hair to solely please someone else, they end up not liking it. They feel a visual shock to their body image. Solution get a wig that can be used to please the other person. It becomes a costume wig that doesn’t alter the person’s self confidence or body image.
“I want to look like Beyonce”
Ok Really? Beyonce is Beyonce, and it is very difficult to take Beyonce’s “hair” and put it on a woman and pretend she looks like Beyonce. Basically it takes more then hair to make someone LOOK like Beyonce…. This is a major let down for women thinking by changing their hair they will change their face. Ok to a certain extent hair does change a face but we understand each other that we aren’t doing plastic surgery here! What to do? We need to look at the person’s facial features, her face shape and then choose a wig or hairstyle that corresponds to it.
Men! You can look younger with hair, but please be realistic. If you come in with white hair and not one hair on the top of your head, then leave with brown hair and a Justin Bieber hair cut I promise people will notice, and honestly who cares? If you do something to make you feel good, then own it! It is the same for us women. There is no shame in wearing hair extensions, wigs or volumizers. As long as you own it and love it. Yes we know how to make it look natural, but if the change is extreme, people who know you and see you often may notice the change. It is up to you to prepare mentally and feel comfortable. You would be surprised to know how many thousands of people around you are wearing some sort of hair replacement!
Again do it for yourself!